North Atlantic Conference Set to Celebrate NCAA Division III Week
NCAA Division III Week is set for April 2-8 across the country. The event is a celebration by member institutions and conferences of the division’s unique philosophy that equally values academics, athletics and student-athletes’ involvement in a full and rich campus life.
For a Division III Week "Facts & Figures" document please click HERE.
During Division III Week, the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) will be releasing feature stories on current and former student-athletes, coaches, and administrators from it's member institutions to celebrate the Division III experience.
NAC student-athletes prepared for the celebration of Division III Week at their spring conference SAAC meeting that was held on Sunday, March 25. The group discussed what activities they plan to hold on campus and planned a conference initiative involving One Love's new campaign #LoveBetter. ***For more information on #LoveBetter, click HERE.
NAC member institutions will celebrate Division III Week throughout the next two weeks of April and will take part in activities on or around their campuses including:
- PA announcements regarding DIII throughout home events
- Education on "Bridging the Gap" between student-athletes and the campus community
- One Love Education - #LoveBetter Campaign
- Faculty & Staff Appreciation Games and Luncheons
- Student-Athlete Spotlights on campus and on athletics website
- Day of Giving
- Guest Speakers - on leadership, teamwork, and succeeding on and off of the playing field
- DIII Fact of the Day and DIII Photo of the Day
- DIII Info Table/Board in dining halls
- DIII Trivia Night
- Movie Nights
- Lip Sync Battles
- Culture Celebration Night
- Campus Wide Scavenger Hunt
- Team Gear Days
- Dodgeball Events
- Volleyball Tournament
- Feature videos on campus regarding the athletics department
- Promotion of all Spring Sports
- Student-Athlete and Scholar-Athlete celebrations and BBQ/Luncheon
- Campus Cleanups
- Trivia Nights
- #WhyD3 Features
- “Thank You” cards sent from SAAC to academic departments
More information on Division III Week:
For resources regarding NCAA Division III Week click HERE.
Any institutions that are celebrating DIII Week should submit their activities to the NCAA by clicking HERE.
Division III Week is a positive opportunity for all individuals associated with Division III to observe and celebrate the impact of athletics and of student-athletes on the campus and surrounding community. During the week, every Division III school and conference office is encouraged to conduct a type of outreach activity that falls into one of three categories: academic accomplishment; athletic experience; or leadership/community service/campus involvement.
During NCAA Division III Week, every member institution and conference is encouraged to schedule at least one activity, which celebrates an aspect of the Division III student-athlete experience, from these three categories:
- Academic accomplishment, including activities such as taking time during a game to acknowledge student-athlete academic achievement, or asking teams to select a faculty member to serve as a guest coach for a practice or competition.
- Athletics activity, including conducting events such as a youth sports clinic or competition, or scheduling recognition of school teams’ or individuals’ athletics accomplishments during a game.
- Community or campus outreach, such as scheduling a community-service activity during the week, or participating in an event involving a local chapter of Special Olympics as part of Division III’s partnership with that organization.
Follow all of the DIII Week stories being told across the country by checking out the Twitter hashtag #D3week and if you want to tell a Division III story of your own, use the Twitter hashtag #whyd3