Husson Softball Drops Tournament Opener to No. 12 Williams, 6-0
For the Printable Tournament Bracket - click HERE.
The Husson University softball team (21-14) lost to #12 Williams College Ephs (36-6) by the final score of 6-0 in Game 2 of the NCAA First Round Regional held at Cole Field on the campus of Williams College.
How it Happened:
Bottom of the 1st: The Ephs strike first as Lexi Curt (Moorpark, Calif.) hit a solo shot over the fence in centerfield to take a 1-0 lead.
Bottom of the 2nd: Williams College extended the lead to 2-0 thanks to Margo Beck (Plano, Texas) leadoff triple followed up by an RBI-single by Casey Pelz (Seattle, Wash.).
Bottom of the 3rd: Ephs added two runs as it started off with a Kirstin Mapes (Corona, Calif.) RBI-single to score Curt followed up by a Brenna Martinez (Arvada, Colo.) RBI-double to score Kristina Alvarado (Murrieta, Calif.) and make it 4-0.
Bottom of the 4th: Ephs added their fifth run of the game as Alvarado with an RBI-single up the middle to score Jessica Kim (Tustin, Calif.).
Bottom of the 6th: Mackenzie Murphy (Diablo, Calif.) with an RBI-triple to right field to score Kim and make it 6-0 Ephs.
- Chloe Gorey (Scarborough, Maine) with a hit.
- Tamara Aunchman (Panton, Vt.) with a hit.
- Jen Jones (Acton, Maine) (L, 16-8) pitched a complete game, allowed five runs on ten hits, and walked four.
- Curt with two runs scored, two hits, RBI, and a home run.
- Beck with two hits and a run scored.
- Kim with two runs scored and a hit.
- Murphy (Diablo, Calif.) (W, 15-1) pitched a complete game, allowed two hits, and struck out two.
Williams College will play Amherst in Game 3 of the First Round Regional on Saturday, May 12, at 11:00 a.m. while the Eagles will play Western New England in Game 4 of the Regional on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
--Courtesy of Husson Sports Information