Middlebury, Vt. - UMaine-Farmington's women's soccer team competed in the NCAA Regionals at Middlebury College with a final score of 4-1 after the Beavers won the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) last weekend.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Callie Hammer made 20 saves on the day after facing 24 shots. The Beavers defense also made one save.
- Middlebury keeper Ursula Alwang saw one shot and gave up one goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Abigail Blyler scored the lone goal in the first half with Sabrina Glaser and Simone Ameer on the assists for a 1-0 lead at the half.
- McKenna Brodeur tied the game with her 22nd goal of the year early in the second half after Lydia Roy passed one into the box.
- Olivia Miller scored 13 minutes later followed by Eliza Van Voorhis to make the score 3-1.
- Eliza Robinson scored her fifth goal of the year to finish out the game at 86:04-minute mark.
UMF completes the season (8-13) while Middlebury (16-1-2) will play Ithaca tomorrow at 1:00 pm for a spot in the national quarterfinal round.
~Photo and recap courtesy of UMaine-Farmington Sports Information